Schedule per week: (Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm) (One weekend rotation per month)
Conduct admission to HWH, long-term, short-term residential treatment, Detox, IOP/OP, and Monsignor Wall Clinic
Review and complete all required admission documents
Provide new clients with basic information regarding our services/ programs
Complete required modules in Electronic Health Record (EHR) and NJSAMS such as DMHAS Income Eligibility, Addiction Severity Index, DSM V, and LOCI. Obtain clinical authorization for admission when required.
Forward designated documents to internal departments (e.g., medical department and welfare case manager)
Communicate with program staff regarding completed admissions
Submit all completed admissions documentation to the Director of Admissions for review in a timely manner. Ensure that files are inclusive to include all documentation as required by DMHAS and/or other credentialing entities.
3. Assist with managing referrals and service inquiries, as assigned, which may include the following:
a. Respond to and manage all messages from external and internal sources
b. Conduct telephone screening interviews with clients seeking treatment at Straight and Narrow. Complete screening documentation in a comprehensive, consistent, and detail-oriented manner. Request collateral documentation, when appropriate.
c. Follow-up on pending referrals in a timely manner, and make outreach calls to expedite admission scheduling, document accordingly
4. Establish and maintain positive, professional interactions and relationships with referrals sources, community stakeholders, and any person or organization making contact with Straight and Narrow.
5. Assist admissions department with other duties as assigned by Admissions Coordinator and/or Director of Admissions including but not limited to scheduling, case management, completion of preadmission consent forms, and filing.
6. Participate in supervision, team meetings, and other agency committees as scheduled and/or assigned.
7. Inform and submit documentation regarding progress towards obtaining CADC/LCADC on a quarterly basis to the Director of Admissions
8. Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals. SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.
Bachelor's Degree with 2 years' experience in Human Services with CADC or High School Diploma or GED with 5 years' experience in Human Services with CADC. If counselor-intern does not have CADC he/she must be actively perusing CADC. Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Excellent working knowledge of computers.