Statement of Purpose:
The following position is designed for a gifted and seasoned mental health and/or addiction therapist looking for a place to truly call home. The Living Room at Princeton is a non-traditional environment for both staff and clients – a place for workers to be courageously vulnerable, creating a compassionate, safe, authentic community for healers to heal and grow. In this environment, clients will not only receive highly skilled, compassionate, non-judgmental care, they will witness a community of workers who strive to live wholeheartedly – embracing and celebrating the mud that has brought us to the place of healing.
“Just as the lotus needs muddy water to live, the pain of the world can inspire compassionate and effective action. The imperfect is our paradise.” – Wallace Stevens
“You may have a lot of knowledge, information, about the fact, but the actual fact is entirely different. Put away the book, the description, the tradition, the authority, and take the journey of self-discovery.” J. Krishnamurti
Individuals in recovery are encouraged to apply.
The Living Room at Princeton is a private, compassion-based substance abuse and mental health treatment provider offering Partial Care (PC), Intensive Outpatient (IOP), and Outpatient (OP) levels of care. We offer our clients the opportunity to experience a level of understanding and heart-felt care that, combined with evidence-based practice, provides a wholly unique treatment experience. Our approach aims to educate, heal and empower those suffering. As an owner operated facility, our team is dedicated to living lives of authenticity, service and community aimed at inviting clarity, softening hearts, and reawakening the minds of our clients. While accountability and responsibility are the cornerstones of our treatment approach, The Living Room at Princeton is a shame-free facility. As people who have overcome our own adversities, we recognize the value of the confusion and pain that so often drives compulsive or harmful behaviors. Every member of our team is a shining example of the beauty that comes from the suffering. Through our combined experience, both professional and personal, we believe that it is vital for treatment providers to assist their patients in building an accepting, compassionate and forgiving relationship with themselves.
Our full range of therapeutic services are available to participants of all programs, and include individual therapy, group therapy, substance abuse counseling, mental health counseling, meditation and Yoga combined with the compassion high performance model that has been developed and so successfully implemented by our founder, Dr. August Leming over the course of his career.
Clinical Coordinator responsibilities include:
· In collaboration with Clinical Director, create weekly group schedules including staffing and curriculum.
· Develop compassion-based curriculum for the substance abuse and mental health adolescent programming.
· Supervise staff with provisional licenses.
· Supervise interns.
· In collaboration with Clinical Director, ensure staff and program adherence to policy, procedure and regulations.
· Care for a client caseload including weekly individual psychotherapy sessions, case management as required, collateral contact, and collaboration with multi-disciplinary team.
· Facilitate process and psychoeducational groups.
· Maintain documentation as per agency standards.
· Attend daily staff meetings and multi-disciplinary meetings.
· A valid NJ LCADC.
· A deep commitment to ethical behavior and a respect for the policies designed to uphold the company's integrity.
· An understanding of compassion-based psychotherapy and openness to eastern philosophy.
· A valid NJ LCSW or LPC.
· Well versed in evidence-based practice while recognizing the potential limitations of method-based treatment.
· Well versed in eastern philosophy with a passion for the therapeutic value of meditation and physical movement.
· Ability to invite the client to experience life as it is without judgment, and to find the freedom and peace that this provides.
· Familiarity with the likes of Pema Chodron, Alan Watts, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Krishnamurti, Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle, and Brene Brown, Tara Brach.
· An outstanding communicator who can guide the treatment experience with compassion, a curious mind and open heart.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance