ALCOHOL & DRUG COUNSELOR - WRIGHTSTOWN, NJ
Requisition # 20-0074
Gateway Foundation Corrections is dedicated to rebuilding the lives of incarcerated individuals struggling with substance use disorders. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development, and on-site supervised hours for certification and licensure.
Completes comprehensive assessment of clients’ substance use disorder history and prepares individualized developmentally appropriate treatment plan.
Provides individual and group counseling, and educational programs in accordance with treatment plan.
Documents treatment and discharge plans, and clients’ progress and responses to treatments; and maintains related records and charts.
Performs case management and contributes to client care monitoring. Duties vary by location or site assigned.
• Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data
• Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy
• Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises
***Shift: Sun 7:30 am – 4:00 pm; M – Th 12:30 pm – 9:00 pm ***
• High school diploma/GED required; Associates Degree desired including or supplemented by (30) semester hour credits in social work, sociology, health, nursing, psychology, rehabilitation, or counseling, or any combination.
• 100 hours documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice (must include Assessment – Domain I and Counseling – Domain II).
• Must have at least six (6) months previous clinical experience in the substance abuse treatment field.
• Must obtain NJDOC clearance
• Experience in a corrections environment a plus.
•Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
***Please Click on the Link Below to Apply: