Completes comprehensive assessments of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements, and develops individualized treatment plan. Provides individual and group counseling and may facilitate didactic groups. Documents treatment and discharge plans, and clients’ progress and responses to treatment; and maintains related records and charts. Performs case management and contributes to client care monitoring.
• Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data
• Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy
• Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises
***Please Click On the Link Below to Apply:
High school diploma/GED required; Associate’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field and previous experience in a corrections environment is preferred. At least six (6) months previous clinical experience in the substance abuse treatment field and 100 hours documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required (must include Assessment – Domain I and Counseling – Domain II). Must be able to obtain New Jersey Department of Corrections clearance.
SHIFT: M-F 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm