Associate Executive Director
Hours: Exempt, Full-Time, evenings/weekend hours as needed. (On-call responsibilities as needed - partner with the Executive Director in covering on-call supervision)
Location: Paterson, NJ
You will be responsible for:
- Assist Executive Director in implementing the philosophy, policies, and procedures including personnel, budgeting and fiscal management.
- Partner with members of senior management in planning and development of all new initiatives and programs.
- Assist Executive Director in advocating to address the needs of clients to be served by the agency and in lobbying for broader-based social change.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of administrative staff and department heads within the agency.
- Research for block grants and other relevant government funding for the agency.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director (ED) and CFO to prepare required documentation, apply for funding and follow through as necessary.
- Support accreditation process for all programs and departments (example: CARF)
- Annual renewal of agency contract/grant for each department.
- Conduct GAP analyses on utilization and liaison with senior management to develop initiatives to address areas that need improvement
- Be the point person for all site visits.
- Convene regular meetings of administrative staff and department heads within the Agency and participate in all meetings convened by the Executive Director with agency directors and administrative staff.
- Provide ongoing administrative direction and decision-making in conformance with policies.
- Conduct mock-site visits in preparation of upcoming inspections to include review of clinical, medical and physical plant requirements to ensure compliance and preparation of required agency documentation as requested by the governing bodies prior to site inspections.
- Completion of license renewal applications and related documentation.
- Maintain good working relationship with regulatory, funding and monitoring representatives.
- Oversee preparation of each unit’s Plans of Correction, complaint investigations, Incident Analyses and ensure that they are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain agency’s policies & procedures in conformance with the regulatory standards. Ensure that all policies are uploaded onto the agency intranet website and are accessible to staff.
- Develop and maintain various agency forms in conformance with the regulatory and agency policies. Ensure that all forms are uploaded onto the agency intranet website and are accessible to staff.
- Liaison with various program directors to develop/maintain client handbook, counselor’s guide, etc.
- Provide support to the CQI process
- Admin support to the CQI Committee Chair (E.D.)
- Oversee and participate in all sub-committee meetings
- Provide oversight of CQI subcommittee work and liaise with committee and sub-committee chairs and monitor adherence to reporting requirements and records keeping.
- Analyze CQI sub-committee outcomes and prepare annual CQI report for the ED and Board of Trustees reflecting improvements brought about by the CQI process.
- Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
- Management of the critical incident reporting system, assignment of categories to incidents and ensure proper follow up action is taken. Identification of critical incidents which are deemed reportable as per regulations. Working closely with Directors to ensure State reports are initiated, completed and submitted for all reportable events.
- Responsible for the notification of reportable events to the UIRMS Coordinator at DMHAS as well as other State regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reports for ED and Board of Trustees reflecting all reportable events and corrective actions taken.
- Maintenance of affiliation agreements/MOU with outside agencies to ensure a continued collaborative relationship.
- Identifying measures or indicators of operation performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to function independently and to competently assess priorities.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Determining how a process should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
So if you’re looking for a company where you will be challenged, respected, and valued, then this opportunity is for you. Additionally, if you’re looking for an organization that’s invested in your personal development, offers rewarding work and a great team environment then apply today.
- Master’s Degree with 5-10 years’ experience in supervision and administration in the Human Services/related field. Dually licensed with LPC/LCSW plus LCADC preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal and supervisory skills including the ability to direct others appropriately and to prioritize, organize and delegate tasks.
- Must possess excellent writing skills and intermediate/advance working knowledge of computers.
The Agency Associate Executive Director is expected to provide leadership to substantial numbers of staff persons; cooperate with the agency’s administration and/or Division and DMHAS/DOH staff in any inspection or investigation. The leader within this role must assure the Agency is in compliance with all regulatory contractual and funding source requirements including appropriate licensure requirements.
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, generous Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals. SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.