Acenda is an integrated health care organization dedicated to world-class prevention, treatment and wellness services, compassionately delivered to ensure that every individual, family and community achieves their greatest potential.
Program Overview: The Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHC's) are responsible for directly providing nine types of services, with an emphasis on the provision of 24-hour crisis care, utilization of evidence-based practices, care coordination, and integration with physical health care.
Job Function - The CADC will access history and current needs of the client, be an active participant as part of the CCBHC Inter-Disciplinary team, and to develop integrated mental health and substance use treatment goals and provide clinical leadership of the CCBHC staff in the area of dual disorders treatment.
The ideal CADC is flexible, willing, and able to provide ongoing counseling services to children, adults, and families. The ideal CADC must possess the skills necessary to work within a team and have awareness and previous implementation of evidence-based protocols.
Candidates will be part of the CCBHC Inter-Disciplinary Team and will work in a fully integrated, patient-centered, and holistic practice to ensure the highest quality of service to our clients.
To qualify for the CADC position you will need to have the below minimum requirements and experience:
- Masters degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field preferred
- Bachelors degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field required
- Valid NJ CADC, in good standing, required
- Minimum one year experience working with individuals with co-occurring disorders or substance users required
- Two years paid post-degree work experience in mental health preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
To be successful in this position you must become able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Communicates programmatic or job-related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve.
- Meets with supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Meets obligations of program (contractual, licensing, Medicaid, etc.).
- Follows program policies and procedures and encourages same in others.
- Educates self on issues impacting the program population.
- Operates conscientiously in accordance with program budget (i.e., use of client engaging funds, office supplies).
- Completes and submits accurate written reports and documentation consistent with program and agency requirements and established guidelines.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of written and verbal communications.
- Submits Level of Service (LOS) within program requirements.
- Attends agency and program meetings and trainings within established time frames.
- Plays an active role in meetings and trainings designed to enhance agency and program operations.
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provide culturally competent service delivery.
- Uphold ethical standards in accordance with Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engage all client populations.
- Continually assess clients' needs.
- Provide appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
- Coach, teach and empower parents using a strength-based approach
- Provided in-home individual and/or family therapy.
- Attend family team meetings.
- Advocate and link families to community resources to enhance their stability.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.