This full time exempt position reports to the Program Director, and is responsible for providing substance abuse rehabilitation services for residents. This position also participates in preparing case histories and records, parole and furlough planning, referrals and other related duties.
Required knowledge, Abilities and Experience
- Drug and alcohol abuse subculture
- Community treatment facilities and other resources
- Individual and group behavior and the effective ways of working with them
- Treatment modalities, techniques, and procedures as they apply to drug and alcohol dependency
- Express ideas clearly orally and in writing
- Engage residents to gain their confidence and cooperation for effective treatment
- Plan and organize work and prepare appropriate reports
- Participate as a member of a treatment team
- Manage a flexible work schedule
- Conduct group and family counseling
- Meet contracting agency clearance requirements
Academic and Work Experience
Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in a social work, or LPC and one year of relevant case work experience with an adult substance abuse clientele, or a State LCADC or CADC from an accredited institution with three years of relevant experience.