Job Title: CADC or LCADC Counselor
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
Qualifications: CADC or LCADC plus a BA/BS or MA/MSW degree. Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Excellent working knowledge of computers.
General Summary: The Primary Substance Abuse Counselor functions as an integral part of the treatment team and provides individual,
group, family and didactic sessions as well as case management services to the clients on his/her caseload ensuring that the treatment requirements of all regulating bodies are fulfilled. Under the direction of Clinical Supervisor and Program Director, monitor and review of clients’ progress notes, MDTs, etc.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide individual, group and family counseling; didactics; treatment planning and case management as required per licensing standards (residential or ambulatory according to program) for a caseload of clients
2. Formulate measurable individualized Treatment Plans and Treatment Plan Reviews for each client on caseload
3. Maintain clinical portion of clients’ charts as per the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF guidelines, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date as per Straight & Narrow’s Policy on Timeframe for Documentation in Clients’ Charts
4. Attend regularly scheduled multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT) and present information for Treatment Plan or Treatment Plan Review for clients’ on caseload
5. Attend individual and group supervision with Clinical Supervisor as scheduled
6. Provide clients on caseload with referrals to other agencies (i.e., health, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and public assistance) for concurrent and/or continued care as part of case management as necessary
7. Provide crisis intervention to clients as necessary
8. Submit documentation to Supervisor daily for any/all sessions held with clients on that day
9. Attend and actively participate in all CQI subcommittee meetings and/or Grievance Committee meetings on which membership is held
10. Prepare monthly reports to overseeing agencies/referral sources (i.e., DCP&P, Drug Court, probation officers, parole officers)
11. If CADC or LCADC has not been obtained, present supervisor will document progress toward this certification twice annually
12. Encourage and support clients’ participation in AA/NA/GA activities
13. Ensure all the Electronic Health Records (EHR) Policies are followed
Supervision and Documentation:
1. Under the direction of the Program Director, monitor and review counselor-interns’clients progress notes, MDTs and other relevant documentation.
2. Ensure that each individual and group supervision provided for supervisees is
documented and signed by both supervisee and self.
3. Ensure that case conferences, client interventions and MDT’s of all supervisees’
clients are documented and filed in the client’s file.
4. Ensure that documentation of any treatment provided directly to client(s) is
documented and filed in compliance with the agency’s policy.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Workweek will consist of five days per week with a minimum of eight hours work per day including one hour for lunch or 30 minutes for lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
2. Punch in/out on the employee hand recognition time clock and ensure that all staff on unit follows this procedure.
3. Notify supervisor, prior to shift if unable to work due to sickness or personal emergency.
4. Submit Employee Absence Report to supervisor via Paylocity on day of return to work after taking on or more sick day(s).
5. Know and enforce Straight & Narrow’s Policies and Procedures.
6. Ensure Policy and Procedure for Critical Incident Reporting is followed when indicated.
7. Complete all Straight & Narrow’s annually required trainings for staff.
8. Attend in-service and other trainings, staff meetings and supervision as scheduled.
9. Attend all meetings of CQI subcommittees of which you are a member and actively participate.
10. Take responsibility for keeping Personnel file updated with regard to filing any new degrees or certificates, getting immunizations/medical test as required and keeping any licenses and/or certificates current.
11. Perform other tasks as necessary or as assigned by a member of Straight & Narrow’s Administration.