Are you passionate about making a difference in others' lives? Then come join the Straight and Narrow team!
Headquartered in Paterson, NJ, Straight and Narrow is the largest program of its kind. We provide innovative and compassionate services to individuals struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders. We are looking for dedicated, caring and compassionate people to work in our Residential/Outpatient Treatment Facilities and Community Programs.
Location: Secaucus and Paterson, NJ
The Credentialed Counselor functions an integral part of the treatment team and provides individual, group, family and didactic sessions as well as case management services to the clients on his/her caseload ensuring that the treatment requirements of all regulating bodies are fulfilled.
1. Provide individual, group and family counseling; didactics; treatment planning and case management as required per licensing standards (residential or ambulatory according to program) for a caseload of clients
2. Formulate measurable individualized Treatment Plans and Treatment Plan Reviews for each client on caseload
3. Maintain clinical portion of clients’ charts as per the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF guidelines, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date as per Straight & Narrow’s Policy on Timeframe for Documentation in Clients’ Charts
4. Attend regularly scheduled multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT) and present information for Treatment Plan or Treatment Plan Review for clients’ on caseload
5. Attend individual and group supervision with Clinical Supervisor as scheduled
6. Provide clients on caseload with referrals to other agencies (i.e., health, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and public assistance) for concurrent and/or continued care as part of case management as necessary
7. Provide crisis intervention to clients as necessary
8. Submit documentation to Supervisor daily for any/all sessions held with clients on that day
9. Attend and actively participate in all CQI subcommittee meetings and/or Grievance Committee meetings on which membership is held
10. Prepare monthly reports to overseeing agencies/referral sources (i.e., DCP&P Drug Court, probation officers, parole officers)
11. Present supervisor annually documentation of continuing education coursework to maintain CADC/LCADC certification.
12. Encourage and support clients’ participation in AA/NA/GA activities
13. Encourage and support clients’ participation in AA/NA
14. Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals. SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.
Must have a BA/BS or MA/MSW degree with a CADC or LCADC. 1-3 years experience in the addictions and/or mental health field. Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Familiar with NJSAMS, ASAM and LOCI. Experience facilitating group and individuals and familiar with Drug Court Policies. Excellent working knowledge of computers. Experience in the fee per service environment a plus.