General Summary: The Credentialed Counselor functions an integral part of the treatment team and provides individual, group, family and didactic sessions as well as case management services to the clients on his/her caseload ensuring that the treatment requirements of all regulating bodies are fulfilled.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, group and family counseling; didactics; treatment planning and case management as required per licensing standards (residential or ambulatory according to program) for a caseload of clients
- Formulate measurable individualized Treatment Plans and Treatment Plan Reviews for each client on caseload
- Maintain clinical portion of clients’ charts as per the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF guidelines, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date as per Straight & Narrow’s Policy on Timeframe for Documentation in Clients’ Charts
- Attend regularly scheduled multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT) and present information for Treatment Plan or Treatment Plan Review for clients’ on caseload
- Attend individual and group supervision with Clinical Supervisor as scheduled
- Provide clients on caseload with referrals to other agencies (i.e., health, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and public assistance) for concurrent and/or continued care as part of case management as necessary
- Provide crisis intervention to clients as necessary
- Submit documentation to Supervisor daily for any/all sessions held with clients on that day
- Attend and actively participate in all CQI subcommittee meetings and/or Grievance Committee meetings on which membership is held
- Prepare monthly reports to overseeing agencies/referral sources (i.e., DCP&P Drug Court, probation officers, parole officers)
- Present supervisor annually documentation of continuing education coursework maintaining CADC/LCADC certification.
- Encourage and support clients’ participation in AA/NA/GA activities
Follow all Electronic Health Record (EHR) policies.