Under the supervision of the Director of Integrated Care Services, the Clinical Director supervises all outpatient clinical staff and is responsible for the direction, provision and quality of outpatient substance abuse counseling services.
Performs all procedures accurately, completely and efficiently for clients and staff in accordance with applicable program policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining written objectives, policies and procedures, an organizational plan and a quality assurance program for outpatient substance abuse counseling services;
- Ensuring that the behavioral and pharmacologic approaches to treatment are evidence-based or based on universally accepted information to provide treatment services consistent with recognized treatment principles and practices for each level of care and type of client served by the facility;
- Providing or ensuring, and documenting, that direct clinical supervision is provided at least one hour per week to all clinical staff, individually or in a group setting, with group supervision not to exceed 50 percent of supervision time;
- Ensuring that outpatient substance abuse counseling services are provided as specified in the client treatment plan and coordinated with other client care services, if applicable, in order to provide continuity of care;
- Ensuring that the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of clients with co-occurring disorders is provided by appropriately trained and qualified clinical staff and that the clinical supervision of such staff is provided;
- Assisting in developing and maintaining written job descriptions for outpatient substance abuse counseling personnel and assigning duties;
- Assessing and participating in staff education activities and providing consultation to facility personnel;
- Providing orientation to and evaluation of new counseling staff prior to assigning them counseling responsibilities;
- Ensuring that all counseling staff are properly licensed or credentialed in accordance with agency policies and procedures;
- Participating in the identification of quality care indicators and outcome objectives and the collection and review of data to monitor staff and program performance;
- Participating in planning and budgeting for the provision of outpatient substance a counseling services;
- Ensuring that clinical staff (LCADCs, CADCs and counselor-interns) are supervised by the appropriately credentialed staff as per N.J.A.C. 13:34C;
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Integrated Care Services in his/her absence;
- Assigns clients to counselor caseloads;
- Assigns clients to therapy groups;
- Performs biopsychosocial intakes and assessments, and explores diagnoses with course of treatment;
- Develops treatment plans, which include measurable goals and objectives;
- Facilitates Psycho-education classes, Group Therapy, and individual counseling as assigned;
- Participates in case conference with interdisciplinary treatment team to determine the best course of treatment for clients and to address all of the client’s needs;
- Participates in program data collection and maintains program tracking mechanisms.
Two year minimum Supervisory Experience
Thorough knowledge of 12-Step Program, AA, NA and the bio- psycho-social model of substance abuse/dependence.
Ability to speak, read and write English.
Must be able to work independently and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
Good interpersonal skills required.
Must maintain a professional demeanor and perform duties effectively in stressful/emergency situations.
Must be able to maintain objectivity and deal diplomatically with clients and family members.