GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: Responsible for overseeing and developing the Clinical department including hiring, supervision, evaluation, and scheduling. Develop, plan, and implement strategies for program continuation and growth Provide clinical training to clinical staff and interns. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the organization and its overall success. This position provides both clinical and personnel supervision of the clinical staff. Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
- Possession of a Master Degree in Human Services, LCADC, Social Work, Psychiatry, Public Administration, or related field and three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible non-profit program management experience and staff supervision, including expertise transforming clinical staff into a highly functional team
- Proven experience understanding and demonstrated ability to generate revenues for clinical services
- Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices
- Experience working in crisis setting with individuals and families
- Program development, evaluation, solid organizational skills, and public speaking
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in and adapt the culture of a multi-cultural, community based organization
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to relate well with persons from a variety of socioeconomic and cultural groups
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of the Agency’s mission and culture and the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients in all circumstances
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially using Outlook, Word, Excel and customized databases.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of the clinical department following the agency mission demonstrated by setting departmental goals and objectives. Evaluate existing compliance, monitoring and reporting to ensure all goals are met.
- Project, develop, and monitor revenue and expense budget for fee for service programs that includes private pay, [enter here], [enter here] and [enter here].
- Hiring, supervision, evaluation, scheduling, promotion, correction of paid and volunteer personnel (interns) within the department.
- Represent Real House, Inc. in the community, corporate and donor environments.
- Develop, plan and implement strategies to manage program growth and ensure self-funding and sustainability of the program. Regularly review and recommend changes in program services to meet client needs with particular emphasis on services for underserved populations, oversight of program evaluation and quality assurance function for the department including assessment of applicable legal and professional requirements and monitoring treatment plans for clients.
- Ensure that the behavioral and pharmacologic approaches to treatment are evidence based or based on objective information to provide treatment services consistent with recognized treatment principles and practices for each level of care and type of consumer served by the program
- Review treatment plans, case notes and written correspondence in order to verify that such documents meet county, state and federal agency standards.
- In collaboration with the Administrator and/ or Case Manager oversee the audit of the clinical charts to insure adherence to county, state and federal statutes
- Work with other members of the management team to assure successful communication and coordination between all Real House, Inc. programs, and participate in strategic planning
- Regularly provide direct clinical supervision at least one hour per week to all clinical employees, individually or in a group setting, with group supervision not to exceed 50 percent of supervision time.
- Regularly provide clinical training to clinical services staff and interns
- Recruitment of clinical interns, conduct outreach and maintain working relationships with graduate schools.
- Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work.
- Represent Real House, Inc. in a professional manner.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures of Real House, Inc.
- Must have an attitude of friendliness and be able to communicate with all levels within Real House, Inc.
- Maintain good working relationships with all Real House, Inc. Staff and Volunteers.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs throughout the course of a normal workday.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- CPR and First Aid
- Employment contingent upon clear fingerprint and criminal history record.