Family Intervention Services, a division of The Center for Family Services, is looking for a LAC or LSW clinician for the Family Stabilization Program program. The FSP program provides an array of community based therapeutic counseling and case management services with the goal of stabilizing children at home who may be at risk for out of home placement, when families are working towards reunification with their children or when children in long-term foster care are having trouble, or in a community based setting. Referrals are made by DCP & P. Counseling sessions are held in the office or in the home for up to 12 months.
Location: Passaic County, NJ
Duties and responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Meet weekly for clinical individual and team supervision
- Assess needs and provide therapy to families and children involved with DCP&P in home and office
- Carry cases per program requirements
- Monitor case progress toward goal achievement
- Practice sound clinical and case management judgment
- Submit and maintain paperwork as per agency's expectations
- Collaborate with DCP&P on an on-going basis
- Must be available for on-call rotating
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be in possession of MA with LAC/LPC or MSW with LSW/LCSW (not pending).
- Experience with community relations and crisis interventions.
- Must be energetic, creative and able to work as part of a team.
- Must be willing to provide community-based services to families who have children that are part of child protection cases and may be part of the foster care system.
- Valid NJ Driver's License with reliable transportation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal organizational and assessment skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and promote cultural sensitivity and strong leadership skills.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish strongly encouraged.