Coordinator of Admissions
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (One rotating weekend a month)
Location: Paterson, NJ
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an admissions/discharge log. Conduct all Admissions for HWH, long-term, short-term residential treatment, Detox, IOP/OP, and Monsignor Wall Clinic. Have all intake paperwork signed including consent forms; coordinate, schedule, and act as liaison for all intake and assessment appointments; receive all phone calls regarding admissions and forward to appropriate assessor.
- Maintain assessment log; specifically, provide a weekly report to the Program Director on clients scheduled to be assessed and/or admitted, as well as clients interviewed and reasons for acceptance or rejection; track the number of off-site assessments conducted by staff, to clearly illustrate the admissions/discharge/outreach/census process at the adolescent unit.
- Provide a daily admissions roster list for Adolescent inpatient treatment
- Provide a weekly report of discharges and readmission eligibility (i.e. clients who were admitted, discharged and why discharged).
- Conduct assessments for prospective clients and Bio-psychosocial for new clients
- Get authorizations from Performcare for Admission and Enhanced services
- Keep close communication with Program Director to ensure all reauthorizations are submitted in a timely manner and are appropriately approved
- Conduct orientation for new clients (explain program & rules), give initial 5-minute phone call (if needed), distribute welcome packet
- Conduct assessments that need to be scheduled in the morning or early afternoon
- Assist with in-house file inspections and state monitoring
- Assist with any IA visits/investigations, etc.
- Attend staff meetings/group supervisions, including Team Meeting (document team meeting)
- Attend bi-weekly individual supervision or as needed
- Assist with interventions (documentation)
- Act as liaison with courts; correspondence for admissions status, re-admissions etc.
- Help substitute when counselors are out of the agency
- Ensure that treatment slots are met at capacity
- Ensure all admission documentation is up to date and accurate
- Help with creation and revision of policies and procedures
- Attend any CQI sub-committee meetings as assigned as well as local meetings that will help with recruitment and outreach.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the director
- Supervise Admission Counselors and Office Manager in the absence of the Program Director
- Attend Program Evaluation and Peer Review Committee
- Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
Master’s Degree with LCADC or working towards LCADC (LCADC plus LCSW/LPC preferred) and minimum of two years experience in the field of addictions treatment are required.