Maryville Addiction Treatments Center is seeking a Counselor for Williamstown, NJ - Residential Program.
LCADC, LPC, LSCW, LSW, LAC, LSW, LMFT, CADC.
Maryville Addiction Treatment Center, is a great place to work. Our staff of dedicated professionals devote themselves each day to helping people suffering from addictive disease reclaim their lives. Our commitment to service excellence is reflected in the high client satisfaction rating we receive, an honor we attribute to the compassion, commitment and quality of our staff. We are a growing organization adding locations to provide greater access to services.
Maryville provides comprehensive high qualify substance abuse and co-occurring treatment and recovery services to individuals and families affected by the disease of addiction. Our staff helps to make a difference in the lives of people every day. This job position would be based at Residential/Detoxification facility in Williamstown, NJ.
•Provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of chemically dependent persons.
•Determines the appropriate treatment interventions(s) to achieve client's desired outcome based on the type and severity of problem(s) as well as client's motivation level. Develops treatment plans in coordination with the client to establish specific, realistic, measurable, agreed-upon goals and objectives corresponding to each client's need; and provide the appropriate interventions to achieve those objectives.
•Prepares treatment plans, histories, letters and reports; maintains comprehensive records.
•Assist the clinical team in coordination and developing continuing care plans for each client.
•Work as a part of the treatment team to provide the client with clinical feedback and ensure the client is on track with meeting treatment plan goals.
•Be the first point of contact for any behavioral issues that arise with clients on their caseload.
•Facilitates individual and group counseling sessions; works with other social service agencies, managed care organizations, hospitals, clinics, courts, the criminal justice system and gatekeepers in meeting the needs of clients and assists them in utilizing these resources.
•Offers encouragement, reassurance and support to clients; recommends educational and occupational training and/or possibilities for placement.
•Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Maryville offers a supportive and positive workplace environment with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance, tuition assistance and a generous 401(K) employer match. Come see for yourself! Join our dedicated team as we work together to transform lives.
• Master’s Degree in Human Services/Social Sciences and two (2) years of relevant experience in substance abuse counseling; or Bachelors degree (in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling) (with clinical specialty in administration or the human services) or other related field and CADC (Certified in Alcohol and Drug Treatment) with two (2) years experience, or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
• Must have three (3) to five (5) years working directly with the chemically dependent, MAT (opiate addicted) and/or co-occurring patients (MH & DA).
•Previous knowledge and experience of multiple support systems for substance abusers.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a focused team.