Center For Family Services is seeking a professional and socially and culturally sensitive individual for the Counselor position for the Children Survivors of the Opioid Crisis. This program provides effective trauma-based approaches to children and teens who experienced the loss of a family member from an overdose. The primary goal of the program is to support children and youth who are impacted by the opioid crisis by creating safe environments and programming that foster a sense of peace, safety and healing from a range of reactions. The primary services include individual and group counseling, in-home short-term post-traumatic grief services, recovery and resiliency groups, and community workshops. The Position is a full-time 35 hour work week with evening hours and some Saturdays.
Locations : Camden, New Jersey
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Counselor facilitates safe, supportive, and compassionate programming for children and teens who are grieving the loss of a loved one by an overdose. The Counselor will provide assessments, individual, group and/or family counseling sessions or psycho-educational groups to children and teen survivors of the opioid crisis. The Counselor will provide mobile services that include in-home short-term traumatic grief outreach sessions and resiliency groups at schools, treatment centers, recovery programs, faith-based organizations, or community centers. Community Outreach includes facilitation of grief and traumatic loss workshops. The Counselor is required to complete all documentation and other grant reporting requirements as well as participate in individual and team supervision.
- MSW, or MA in a related human services field
- Licensed (MFT, LCSW, LPC) preferred or license eligible
- At least 3 years experience working with children and teens
- Knowledge in the area of traumatic grief and/or substance abuse
- Experience providing individual and group counseling
- Clearly communicate ideas in both written and verbal form
- Current driver's license with a good driving record of at least three years
- Vehicle with current insurance and registration
At least 3 years experience working with children and teens