Integrity House is committed to helping individuals and families through comprehensive, integrated addictions treatment, mental health treatment, and recovery support in a manner that brings about positive, long-term lifestyle change. Integrity House is a trauma-informed organization. The counselor intern is a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, and provides therapeutic services including individual counseling, group counseling, case management, assessment, referral, etc. to clients of Integrity House.
- Assess client’s needs using evidence-based validated assessment tools (i.e. ASI, CASI, etc.), diagnose clients for substance disorders using the DSM, and determine appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria in order to provide individual and group therapy, psycho-education, case management, and crisis intervention to clients.
- Provide individual counseling, group counseling, family counseling, and crisis intervention--using evidenced based curriculums/models.
- Collaboratively develop a written treatment plan that is client-centered; recovery oriented and includes goals with measurable objectives.
- Provide substance use counseling services specified in the client treatment plan, when and where necessary, throughout treatment according to ASAM criteria to determine the need for continued services, transfer or discharge.
- Conduct CSR for SAI, LOCI/Extension Requests for Drug Court clients and Utilization Review for Private Insurance clients; process and monitor results of urine analysis and escort clients using company vehicle (if approved) to medical, legal, or recreational appointments and be available for on call crisis where applicable.
- Provide active case consultations and maintain ongoing communication (direct & in-direct) with supervisor, Director, coworkers, families (if consent is given) and referral sources; participate in weekly Multidisciplinary Treatment Team meetings for assigned clients, clinical supervision, trainings, workshops, and etc.
- Keep accurate records and clinical documentation; complete clinical documentation for all counseling, education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-up in the paper and/or electronic records while maintaining quality assurance standards are met.
- Develop client’s transfer and/or discharge plans to ensure movement to appropriate levels of care; contact referral source (s), provide case consultation and coordinate with referral sources (i.e., criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, DCP&P, and/or mental health treatment providers).
- Perform additional functions supportive of the program as assigned by the respective Program Director.
- Adhere to all safety and security protocol of the worksite.
- Collect drug screens and observe the self-administration of medication, where applicable.
- Accompany clients to outside appointments, where necessary (residential).
- Complete weekly billing.
Experience in SUD setting, preferred.