Center For Family Services is Seeking a Masters level full -time Counselor for an evidence-based program that provides in-home family counseling for youth, between the ages of 12 and 17 ½, and their families throughout Camden County, NJ. Youth serviced are at risk of out-of-home placement due to challenges with family and peer relationships. All services are provided in the home. Extensive and ongoing training are offered. The agency also offers free clinical supervision for staff seeking licensing.
Location: Camden, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct counseling services
- May perform specialized activities and functions specific to program.
- Completes documentation and other reporting requirements.
- Meets regularly with supervisor and participates in other continuing professional development opportunities.
- MSW degree or Masters in related counseling field, or CADC.
- Previous work with adolescents, in-home therapy is preferred.
- Competent in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, family systems therapy, and strength based approach techniques.
- Must be able to navigate and travel independently to remote destinations making access to client populations served.
- Must be able to handle and use general mobile office equipment and computer laptop etc.
- Must be able to lift / carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to interact in all ways (i.e.; functions / activities necessary to supervise or participate with client population to be served).
- Must be able to physically protect themselves or make escape if necessary from population served.
- Must be able to independently operate a motor vehicle.
Previous work with adolescents, in-home therapy is preferred.