Schedule per week:
Location: Paterson and Secaucus, NJ (Travel required to both locations)
Director of Women’s Services is responsible for the overall functioning of the Women’s Program; long-term planning for the Women’s Programs; and ensuring the provision of quality treatment and care for residential female clients in accordance with the requirements of all regulating bodies, Straight & Narrow’s mission, vision, values and philosophy of treatment.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain operation of program in accordance with federal, state and local regulating agencies including the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), DCP&P, DCF, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF) and Health Insurance Portability, and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Ensure that programs censuses remain at matrix in coordination with admission department
- Develop immediate and long-term goals for Women’s programs.
- Ensure that programs’ treatment and didactics are research based.
- Ensure that staff submits appropriate billing documentation for all client services rendered according to policy.
- Prepare monthly Annual Report for Women’s Programs.
- Ensure that all Policies and Procedures relevant to the operation of the women’s program are written, approved and filed in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Ensure that Policy and Procedure manual is accessible to all staff and clients on women’s units.
- Ensure the visible posting of client’s rights, the telephone number for filing a complaint, the facility’s license and all other documents that regulating agencies require to be posted on the women’s units.
- Ensure that all staff is trained in agency’s Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain contact with regulatory bodies as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials required for monitoring reviews by licensing, accrediting or regulating agencies are prepared.
- Write and effect all plans of correction in coordination with Director of Special Initiatives
- Ensure that all clinical documentation is reviewed, logged and up-to-date according to P&P
- Ensure that all multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT), clinical supervisions and staff meetings occur as scheduled and are appropriately documented.
- Be involved in direct client care by taking on a case load of 2 to 4 clients
- Substitute for counseling staff when short-staffed to ensure continuity of clients’ services.
- Ensure that all clients receive appropriate co-occurring services, appropriately documented and billed for, in a timely manner.
- Provide clinical consultation for all clients that receive co-occurring services and ensure that pertaining documentation is forwarded to the billing department.
- Liaison with Straight & Narrow administration and attend all required meetings and events.
- Develop and maintain written job descriptions for all direct reports and assign duties based upon education, training, competencies and job descriptions.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure that evaluations for all other employees on the women’s units are completed by appropriate staff.
- Seek Human Resource’s approval for termination of all staff members whose lack of performance or inappropriate behavior warrants such an action within the framework of Straight & Narrow personnel policies.
- Approve vacations, personal and sick days for direct reports.
- Act as the person of appeal by clients for any concerns regarding program functions and/or staff interactions, especially in the matters of complaints and/or grievances.
- Ensure that Client Weekly Activity Reports are completed and forwarded to Program Evaluation Committee weekly.
- Prepare program to be ready for any accreditations that the agency may pursue.
- Manage and investigate incidents involving staff in collaboration with HR
- oversight of Alpha I, II and III
- Management of CIRS and related reportable events
- Oversight of investigations deemed reportable to the state and completed of corresponding state reports
- Completion of documentation related to State audits and licensure requirements
- Collaboration with external referral sources, DCPP, DC, etc
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors and /or administration.
LCADC, Master’s degree, CCS and minimum of three years supervisory experience in the field are required. LCADC plus LPC or LCSW Preferred.
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals. SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.