This position provides psycho-educational classes and individual counseling services to Kintock clients; Intake, assessment ongoing assessment for program eligibility,
monitoring all aspects of care and client services, and ensuring that the needs of clients are met, may be included at discretion of Program Director.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
• Modern principles of criminal justice, community corrections and therapeutic communities.
• Counseling and casework methods and techniques appropriate for offender population.
• Individual and group behavior of persons with criminal backgrounds.
• Custody and accountability standards for contracting agencies.
• To understand and comply with contract rules, regulations policies and procedures.
• Work with offenders to gain their confidence and cooperation.
• Participate as an effective member of a program team.
• Execute Contract Statement of Work regarding Mental health counseling.
• Clearly express ideas orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients.
• Communicate effectively with staff, clients, and agency representatives.
• Manage a flexible work schedule; and
• Maintain contracting agency clearance.
• Maintain have a valid drivers’ license in good standing.
Work and Academic Experience:
Licensed NJ Professional Counselor (LPC), or NJ Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (LAC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Assessing mental health disorders, helping people improve their lives, careers and family situations, and therapy based on the workings of the mind rather than on medical approaches.