Job Title: Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
Status: Part Time
Qualifications: CADC: Must have good interpersonal skills, supervising ability including ability to direct others appropriately and to prioritize, organize and delegate tasks. Must possess excellent working knowledge of computers.
General Summary: The CADC is responsible for overseeing the Supervision of the IDRC Services for the weekend programs. Long-term program planning; and ensuring the provision of quality treatment and care for programs’ clients in accordance with the requirements of all regulating bodies, Straight & Narrow’s mission, vision, values and philosophy of treatment.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties: Weekend IDRC Services
1. Ensure the weekend Supervision of all client files are processed accurately.
2. Coordinate that AA/NA is available every program weekend and to monitor the guest speakers
3. Assurance that weekend meals are delivered and timely, if not then contact is made.
4. Deliver lectures in accordance with IDP curriculum, all clients are screened for treatment appropriateness and referred to outside programs appropriately when necessary, and all treatment evaluation documents are communicated to the treatment provider in a timely manner.
5. Present with the clients during the Intake Process. Supervise Counselors during the Intake Process.
6. De-escalate client incidents.
7. Assist client(s) with any special needs (i.e. clients with: C-PAP machine, anxiety, medical, service animals, physique etc.).
8. Supervise clients with Medical Marijuana and secure medication after client’s dispensing.
9. Coordinates the scheduling of films and clients classroom time.
10. Delegate staff responsibilities during the Intake Process.
11. Answer any clinical questions the Counselors and Clients incur.
CADC or Working on CADC (part time weekend hours)
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am- 4:00pm