The Licensed Clinician is responsible for performing patient care activities as directed by the Clinical Director. He/she will provide group therapy as ordered by the Clinical Director. Collaborates with the Treatment Team in the formulation of the Master Treatment Plan, and assists in coordinating discharge planning. Clinician has extensive experience in CBT, DBT, Trauma-Informed therapy and EMDR. Solid knowledge of best practices, New Jersey law/ethics, and clinical outcomes. This position will have specific focus on working with our program clients, so prior experience working with this population is highly desirable.
A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in chemical dependency or psychiatric setting.
Licensure / Certification:
Licensed by the State of New Jersey (LCADC, LCSW, CADC, LCSW, LSW,CCS preferred)
License is current and in good standing.
CPR certification preferred.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
1. Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan meetings.
2. Shares pertinent information with team as obtained from patient’s family, or others as indicated throughout program.
3. Attends daily and weekly staffing meetings per schedule.
4. Evaluates the impact of therapeutic interventions upon the therapeutic milieu.
5. Facilitates group therapy.
6. Performs individual therapy with patient/family.
7. Documents the assessment of patient progress/regress and interventions provided in the medical record, on an ongoing basis.
8. Recognizes, responds to and assists in psychiatric crisis situations and provide the intervention necessary.
9. Responds and assists in medical emergency situations as directed and needed.10. Communicates effectively with patient, staff and physician.
11. Provides patients with education and instruction on a 12 step program.
12. Attends and participates in monthly Program Staff meeting as scheduled by Clinical Director.
13. Adheres to policies and procedures.
14. Performs other duties assigned.