The Primary Therapist is responsible for performing patient care activities as directed by the attending physician, Medical Director and Clinical Supervisor. He/she will provide group therapy as ordered by the Clinical Director. Collaborates with the Treatment Team in the formulation of the Master Treatment Plan, and assists in coordinating discharge planning.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan meetings.
- Shares pertinent information with team as obtained from patient’s family, or others as indicated throughout the program.
- Attends daily and weekly staffing meetings per schedule.
- Evaluates the impact of therapeutic interventions upon the therapeutic milieu.
- Facilitates group therapy.
- Performs individual therapy with patient/family.
- Documents the assessment of patient progress/regress and interventions provided in the medical record, ongoing basis.
- Recognizes, responds to and assists in psychiatric crisis situations and provide the intervention necessary.
- Responds and assists in medical emergency situations as directed and needed.
- Communicates effectively with patient, staff and physician.
- Provides patients with education and instruction on Advance Directives.
- Attends and participates in monthly Program Staff meeting as scheduled by Lead Therapist, clinical supervisor or clinical director.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
This is a full-time position. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at pinelandsrecovery.com.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a minimum of Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or health-related field
- Candidates holding a CADC without a Master’s degree will be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in chemical dependency - psychiatric setting.
- Licensed by the State in specialization preferred.
Why Work with Us
At Pinelands you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of substance use experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Paid sick time, vacation days and paid holidays
- 401k with employer match (Traditional/Roth)
- Life insurance and disability coverage (short-term/long-term)
- Supplemental benefits including FSA, HSA, and Pet Insurance
- Opportunities for additional certifications and education
Get to Know Us
Pinelands Recovery Center provides evidence-based treatment for individuals dealing with substance use disorders in a serene, wooded setting 25 miles from Philadelphia in Medford, New Jersey. The new facility has up to 74 clients and is considered one of New Jersey’s premier drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers. It is our mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving the lives of those we serve. With plans for continued growth, upward job mobility makes this an ideal workplace for those who want to build a career in the behavioral health sector. Come grow with us.