Schedule per week: Monday - Friday (Early Mornings and Evenings)
Location: Travel Required to Paterson and Paramus
- Maintain operation of the programs in accordance with federal, state and local regulating agencies including The Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF) and Health Insurance and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ensure all program census remain at matrix
- Supervise Deputy Director at MWC (one hour meeting each week)
- Supervise Medical Director (as needed)
- Supervise Director of Nursing on all non-medical decisions (one hour meeting each week)
- Supervise Office Manager (as needed)
- Maintain all contact with Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services ( DMHAS) and Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in coordination with Director of Special Initiatives.
- Prepare all materials required for reviews by monitoring and/or licensing agencies in coordination with Director of Special Initiatives.
- Maintain on-going CARF accreditation for MWC in coordination with Director of Special Initiatives.
- Write and affect all Plans of Correction for the Methadone Clinic and Outpatient in coordination with Director of Special Initiatives.
- Liaison with Straight & Narrow administration and attend all required meetings and events
- Facilitate weekly Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) meetings accordingly
- Facilitate and document clinical supervision meetings
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports
- Recruit, interview and hire all new employees
- Fire, lay-off or discontinue employment of all staff whose performance of duty/behavior or employment conduct warrants such an action within the framework of Straight & Narrow personnel policies in coordination with Human Resources.
- Approve vacations for direct reports
- Act as person of appeals by clients for any concerns regarding program functions and/or staff interactions, especially in the matters of complaints and/or grievances
- Oversee all program staff and assure quality of service and documentation of service
- Develop and maintain written job descriptions for all program personnel and assign duties based upon education, training, competencies, and job descriptions
- Ensure supervisees keep employee files up to date according to Human Resource’s policies and procedures.
- Submit plan of supervision to Human Resources quarterly for counselors who are not CADCs or LCADCs.
- Conduct and coordinate in-service training within area of expertise
- Fulfill duties as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Committee and lead the Peer Review Committee
- Fulfill duties of Program Sponsor in accordance with CARF standard 5.A. (1-8)
- Write and implement policies and procedures for clinic according to state (DHMAS), federal and CARF standards in coordination with Director of Special Initiatives
- Ensure all staff is trained in agency’s policies and procedures and review the P&P annually for all programs in coordination with Human Resources
- Ensure all visible postings of client’s rights, the telephone numbers for filing a complaint, the facilities’ license and all other documents that regulating agencies require to be posted.
- Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
- Assigned coverage while on Paid Time Off
- Other duties as assigned by the administration
A minimum of a Master’s Degree with five years of full-time, or full-time equivalent, administrative or supervisory experience in a health care facility and LCADC is required and if Director does not have CADC she/he must be actively pursuing his/her LCADC. Up-to-Date Status of Director’s progress toward this certification must be on file with his/her supervisor.
For full time positions, we offer medical, vision, dental, life and supplemental life insurance. Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance, 403B with employer match, Paid Time off (PTO), in house training seminars, two training days for certified professionals. SN also offers supervision for those individuals trying to become licensed in NJ as a LCADC/CADC, LSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC and LMFT. We participate in employee discount programs such as the Working Advantage program.