Job Title: Credentialed Counselor
Qualifications: Must be an LCSW, LPC, and LMFT. 1-3 years experience. Must possess ability to type and be computer literate.
General Summary: The Co-occurring Counselor functions as an integral part of the treatment team and provides mental health assessments, individual, group, family and didactic sessions as well as case management services to the clients on his/her caseload ensuring that the treatment requirements of all regulating bodies are fulfilled. This position is specifically designed to provide substance abuse clients more complete treatment when a co-occurring mental health issue is present.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide individual, group and family counseling; didactics; treatment planning and case management as required per licensing standards (residential or ambulatory according to program) for a small caseload of clients
2. Assist in the formulation of measurable individualized Treatment Plans and Treatment Plan Reviews for each client on caseload
3. Maintain clinical portion of clients’ charts as per the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF guidelines, ensuring that all documentation is up to-date as per Straight & Narrow’s Policy on Timeframe for Documentation in Clients’ Charts
4. Attend regularly scheduled multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT) and present information for Treatment Plan or Treatment Plan Review for clients’ on caseload
5. Attend individual and group supervision with Clinical Supervisor as scheduled
6. Provide clients on caseload with referrals to other agencies (i.e., health, psychiatric, vocational rehabilitation and public assistance) for concurrent and/or continued care as part of case management as necessary
7. Provide crisis intervention to clients as necessary
8. Submit documentation to Supervisor daily for any/all sessions held with clients on that day. Attend clinical consultation team meetings
9. Ensure all Electronic Health Records (EHR) are followed