Requisition # 18-0951
Gateway Foundation Corrections is dedicated to rebuilding the lives of incarcerated individuals struggling with substance use disorders. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development, and on-site supervised hours for certification and licensure.
• Monitors and observes clients, ensures their safety and well-being, and provides motivational support and guidance to assist them in meeting therapeutic goals.
• Reports client observations and contributes to treatment decisions concerning treatment, discipline, and privileges.
• Monitors clients in medication self-administration, collects urine samples from clients for laboratory screening and administer breathalyzer to clients for detection of alcohol use.
• Supports treatment plans by scheduling and coordinating client transportation, assisting in planning client interactive events, and so forth.
• Update and maintains client records which includes recording clinical hours, therapeutic treatments, activity or group participation, job readiness progress; in accordance with all local, state and federal contractual requirements.
• Minimum of 6 months of training or equivalent knowledge of substance abuse treatment theory and practices
• Current registration in, or completion of, a substance use disorder student internship
• Ability to complete internal training regimen (100 hrs. within first 90 days of employment), in order to provide didactic groups without supervision
• Previous work experience with an adult population in an institutional setting is preferred
• Must be able to respectfully interact with substance abuse clients and form a working therapeutic alliance
• Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check according to state requirements and be eligible and approved for hire by state and contractual requirements.
SHIFT: Sunday 7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Thursday 12:30pm-9:00pm
~Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, individuals with a disability and protected veterans.~