Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor


The AADC requires a current, reciprocal LCADC in New Jersey issued by the Board of Marriage and Family Counselors, Alcohol and Drug Committee.  To qualify for the AADC, you must have renewed your LCADC through July 2020 and have passed the IC&RC written and oral examinations if you were licensed or certified by the DCA-M&F Board after 2005. Additionally, you must hold a clinical or counseling degree at the Masters or Doctoral level and pass the IC&RC’s Advanced ADC exam.

After paying upload the  Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC) application
After you make your payment you will receive an email with a link to upload your completed application.
If you unable to pay online please send your completed application along with your check or money order to the Certification Board.
If you are unable to scan the documents but prefer to pay online please let us know in the notes section when you pay and mail your documents to the Certification Board.
The Certification Board cannot begin processing until the AADC Application is received.

Out of stock

SKU: AADC Category:


Online payments include a 3% convenience fee.

The AADC recognizes that you have met the reciprocal requirements for similar credentials throughout the US and many foreign countries, including Canada, Spain, Germany, India, Mexico and many more.  You can check the full list of all boards by going to the IC&RC’s website at

The initial certification fee covers your AADC with the Certification Board as well as the IAADC with the IC&RC.  In addition to an AADC certificate from the APCB, Inc. you will also receive a separate IAADC certificate verified by the IC&RC that can be recognized in over 80 Boards worldwide that include 45 US State Boards, the Four-Armed Forces, US Territories etc.  You may only use the AADC in conjunction with your reciprocal, active New Jersey LCADC. If your New Jersey license expires, or terminated for any reason, your AADC certificate automatically expires with the Certification Board, Inc. As long as it is active, you may transfer it to another IC&RC Board and activate it there without the NJ LCADC.