Online payments include a 3% convenience fee.
The CDA requires 20%, or 54 hours, of the 270 hours needed for the LCADC or CADC. These specific classes were chosen for their focus on areas that interns and new workers need to know prior to working as a counselor.
These courses must be completed from the Education Manual (https://certbd.org/site/wp-content/uploads/CADC_EducationalManual.pdf ) after September 30, 2018. Before September 2018, you may use the old 6 hours courses plus the courses in parenthesis to come up to the required DCA-ADCC hourly requirements.
Education: 54 hours (Send certificate of completion with application)
- C101 Initial Interviewing Process- 6 hours
- C102 Biopsychosocial Assessment – 12 hours (plus C209)
- C201 Intro to Counseling- 6 hours
- C303 Documentation – 12 hours (plus one of the following: C305-306-307-308-309)
- C401 Addiction Recovery- 6 hours
- C501 Ethical Responsibilities- 6 hours
- C502 Legal Aspects- 6 hours
Experience: One year (1500 hours) of full time supervised experience at a licensed alcohol and drug treatment facility. Note: Experience must be completed within the past two years (24 months) immediately prior to the CDA application.
Applicant must also fill out the following forms and send the fee:
- Supervisory Evaluation
- Program Brochure
- Job Description from Agency
- Ethics Statement & Authorization Signature page
- Four Self Help Meetings