STRAIGHT & NARROW, INC.
Job Title: RESIDENTIAL LIFE ASSOCIATE (RLA)
Status: Full-time , Part-time and/or Per Diem
Qualifications: Associates Degree or 30 credits towards a CADC or Recovery Specialist. Have CPR/First Aid certification or achieve CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days. Flexibility to work during any assigned schedule (schedules are subject to change as per unit’s needs/ requirements.) Must have a valid driver’s license from the state of residence and a clear driving record.
General Summary: Provide supervision, support and direction to residential addiction treatment clients, while maintaining a safe, disciplined and caring
Environment on the unit and in all other venues in which clients are present.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Supervision and Support
1. Provide direct supervision and support to clients on unit.
2. Maintain high visibility in client areas to provide structure and supervision.
3. Assist/supervise clients in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the facility.
4. Assist clients in attaining internal structure by strictly following established schedule.
5. Know the names of all clients on the unit and their room assignments.
6. Introduce self to all new clients on their first day on the unit and inform them of your role on the unit and the times you will be present.
7. Complete rounds of unit every 30 minutes and ensure that all clients are accounted for.
8. Ensure a one (1) staff per twenty four (24) client ratio during waking hours and one (1) staff per thirty (30) during sleeping hours, and two staff members at all times.
Essential Job Duties
8. Have thorough knowledge of the contents of the Clients’ Handbook
9. Conduct searches of client’s person as per procedure for client searches
10. Conduct searches of clients’ rooms and personal property as per procedure for client room and personal property searches
11. Follow Policy & Procedure for any client on shift who is discharged, voluntarily leaves the program prematurely, or is removed from the agency by the authorities
12. Collect and secure belongings of any client who leaves the program
13. Collect clients’ urines for testing in accordance with Policy & Procedure for
Clients’ Urine Screens
14. Escort and monitor clients between Straight & Narrow units and/or facilities as required
15. Transport, escort and monitor clients on appointments outside the agency as assigned
16. Supervise in-house client visits when assigned
17. Ensure all documentation is included in the client’s physical chart or Electronic Health Record (EHR)
18. Know agency Policy and Procedures that related to your job
19. Complete all required annual trainings
20. Maintain CPR and First Aid Certification active
21. Schedule Personal Time Off (PTO) in advance, at least 30 days via the Paylocity
22. Ensure all client’s areas and common areas are cleaned and organized at all times
23. Assist with housekeeping duties when applicable
24. Provide clients with approved non-prescription medication when requested in accordance with Policy & Procedure for “Non-prescription Medication kept on the Units.”
25. Complete the Detox Training and Naltrexone training within 60 days
Documentation and Communication
26. Document all movement (e.g., emergency room visits, outside meetings, in-house meetings, etc.) on Round’s Report.
27. Report any significant events or individual client or group movement outside the agency to the On-Site Supervisor; leave messages regarding any significant events for other staff via voice mail
28. Document major incidents on Shift Report (clients acting out behaviorally; medical emergency, reportable event; positive urines, or other suspicion and/or proof of drug or alcohol use; any major changes in clients’ scheduled activities)
29. Complete Incident Reports for any unusual occurrences and submit to appropriate supervisors.
30. Follow all Electronic Health Records (EHR) policies.
Shift Change and Workplace Practice Responsibilities
31. Follow Dress Code Policy
32. Remain on shift until your replacement arrives.
24. Find an alternate staff member who would be willing to cover your responsibilities when you are not going to report to a scheduled shift. Submit name of alternate staff member to supervisor for approval before date out of the agency.
25. Notify supervisor if unable to work your shift due to sickness or personal emergency at least six hours prior to shift and attempt to find a replacement for the shift, which must be approved by supervisor.
26. Report to work, as usual, on any holidays that occur on a regularly scheduled workday.
27. Review any and all Staff-to-staff Communication Logs filed since your last day of work prior to starting your shift and initial and date.
28. Pass on keys and (where applicable) phones to incoming shift.
29. Ensure to punch in and out as well for meal breaks via Hand Recognition Time Clocks.
30. Provide crisis counseling as necessary or make appropriate referral to SN counselor by calling or sending an e-mail.
31. Provide groups and didactics to clients if assigned
Qualifications: Associates Degree or 30 credits towards a CADC or Recovery Specialist. Have CPR/First Aid certification or achieve CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days.
Flexibility to work during any assigned schedule (schedules are subject to change as per unit’s needs/ requirements.)
Must have a valid driver’s license from the state of residence and a clear driving record