The written tests are computerized exams which must be scheduled in advance and taken at the Certification Board’s offices.
To sign up for a written exam.
- ADC (LCADC/CADC) computer based exam registration (Also available in Spanish or French)
Which requires a letter of approval – All applicants registering for the ADC (LCADC/CADC) exam must first be approved by the Division of Consumer Affairs. We cannot allow anyone to take the ADC exam without first being approved.or
- All Exams-Registration except for ADC (exams that do not require a letter of approval) including:
- AADC Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- PS Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS)
- CS Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS)
- CJP Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP)
- PR Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (Peer Recovery) Reciprocal CRSP and CPRS
If you are unable to pay online please follow the instructions above and send in a check or money order and current Test Approval letter from the DCA-ADCC (if applicable) to the Certification Board.
All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE except for the conditions listed on the application.
Process for registering for and taking a computerized exam:
- After the Certification Board receives your registration form, fee and and current Test Approval letter from the DCA-ADCC (if applicable), we will pre- register you with Schroder Measurement, Inc. (SMI), the IC&RC’s contracted testing firm.
- SMI will send you a link with an ID and password where you can pick the date and time you want to take the exam.
- The exam is 150 multiple choice questions which is a point and click format. You can bookmark questions and come back to them later in the exam. There is a short (5 minute) tutorial to make sure you understand the process prior to starting the exam.
- You will receive your score immediately after the completing the exam.
- Exam scores for the “ADC” exam will be sent to DCA, Marriage and Family Board for inclusion in your file.
Should you fail the exam you may repeat the registration process and retake the the exam after 90 days.
Those who fail 3 times must take a refresher course prior to retaking the exam again. These courses are held at the Certification Board and posted on our website.
Requests for additional copies of test results: There will be a $25 charge for copies of lost test results after the first mailing following the exams. If the first copy was never received, you must notify the Board within 90 days of the test exam date to receive a copy without charge.
For additional copies of test results, send a $25 check or money order, along with your name, address and date of the exam.