Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Clinical Supervisor provides clinical oversight and evaluates clinical staff in their provision of counseling services; provides counseling intervention when necessary; provides training to ensure that industry best practices are adhered to; and reviews and approves clinical documentation to ensure integrity and completeness. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that clinical staff is providing services that are ethical and meet agency standards.
1. Embodies Eva’s Village’s core values, voice and tone in order to provide an exceptional and effective experience for our clients, funders, employees and volunteers
2. Performs all procedures accurately, completely and efficiently for clients in accordance with applicable program policies and procedures
3. Assists Clinical Director with clinical supervision responsibilities
4. Provides clinical oversight of cases and ensures that services are provided as specified in client treatment plan with coordination of client care services
5. Provides weekly individual and group supervision
6. Conducts chart audits to ensure compliance with documentation standards
7. Provides clinical training as directed
8. Provides crisis management/clinical interventions as indicated for clients
9. Participates in weekly case conferences, multidisciplinary, and various other meetings as assigned
10. Participates in program development and initiatives as assigned
11. Participates in quality assurance reviews to ensure program compliance with state and contract requirements
12. May carry a small caseload if indicated
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in substance abuse/mental health setting.
Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge of the biopsychosocial disease model of substance use disorders and mental health disorders.
Understanding confidentiality rules and regulations related to substance use disorders and mental health disorders prevention and treatment.
Ability to speak, read and write English.
Must be able to work independently.
Good interpersonal skills required.
Must maintain a professional demeanor and perform duties effectively in stressful/emergency situations.
Must be able to maintain objectivity and deal diplomatically with staff, clients and family members.